Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my Blogsite. Please be kind with your comments! I am just learning all about this blogging!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rust

July 3, 2011 

   This is part of my collection of rusty objects which I have been collecting for 30 odd years.  It is just irresistible to see a piece of rust on the ground.  To not pick it up and take it home would be almost sinful!
    So today I gathered this collection together.  I was surprised at the accumulation.  And very pleased, as well!  So this is my first creative act in my plan to create something every week for a year. July seemed like a good place in time to begin.
    I have it all laid out on the slate covered picnic table in the back yard with my second favorite collection in view.  My blue bottle garden!




It seemed appropriate to begin with the title of my year of creating.  "RUST"


   Since this is not a long lasting art piece this is the only documentation of the piece.  I enjoyed doing this so much.  I have all week to decide what to do with rusty metal for the second piece.  Maybe something more permanent next time,
    Aside from creating my first piece I also learned how to add pictures to my blog.  Two things in one day!  Life is good!








No comments:

Post a Comment