Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my Blogsite. Please be kind with your comments! I am just learning all about this blogging!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Di Was Just Thinking...

   Yes, I actually do think on occasion!  Interesting, I thought that occasion had another 's' in it.
   Oh well.  Moving on.  I was just out picking black rasberries this afternoon.  The breeze was just enough to be refreshing and keep the insects away.  I got 2 cups of berries yesterday and about 4 cups today.  They are delicious with NOOSA yogurt.  MMMMMM!  Thank you Mrs. Evans where ever you are. 
   This got me thinking about when we were kids and there were wild black rasberries back of the chicken house on the home place.  They were so good.  Warm with the summer sun, juicy and ripe.  They were so tempting that only about half of them made it to the house.  Good thing there were lots of them!!!  It didn't matter then that it was hotter than hot and humid.  Rasberry scratches were a badge of honor to me back then.  
  No matter where you go or what you do, if you let your thoughts drift, something will trigger a memory from home.  Remember those to tell your grandchildren and great grandchildren,  Oral history is so important.  Even more important today than earlier, because children are so caught up in all their activities and electronic devices that they are forgetting how to carry on a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment