Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my Blogsite. Please be kind with your comments! I am just learning all about this blogging!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

 You know when life gets in the way sometimes?  I finally found some time to create some cards and mini albums.









I created these double pocket cards with double sided card stock.  I like that the colors coordinate so well from the paper packs.  I can not take credit for this design. It came from You Tube, and I can't find it again!
                                          They fit in standard card envelopes. 

These rosettes are an origami technique that I found on You Tube.  If you Google Origami tutorials, all sorts of marvelous techniques pop up.  I used my Cricut to cut the circles.  I discovered that if you make the first center fold against the grain of the paper, it makes it a lot easier to make the other two folds.  This one came from a You Tube tutorial by
thepinktornado called Create a flower with Circles.

The black and white explosion box below is modeled after a You Tube tutorial called:

  Explosion Box with Stampin UP products 

 I used their basic design, then created pockets where they had pages.
Instead of cutting out the corners of the outer box, I used those as extra pages for pictures or journal space.  I rounded the top corners for easier closure.  This also holds the box together more soundly and makes a sturdier end product. 
The red heart in the very center of the box is the only color.
 I used some elegant metallic, marbled wrapping paper for this woven technique.  You can see the difference in the end result when placed on white and black backgrounds.  I think it is very rich looking.

This is my first attempt at an envelope mini album.  I used purchased cards that were already cut out for the short pockets.  They were from the dollar bin at Michael's.

Hope you have enjoyed looking at my creations as much as I enjoyed sharing.  I have never done this before, and have a lot to learn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment